SC Commissioner Weathers: Sunbelt Ag Expo is This Week
It’s Sunbelt week! SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers is here to tell us more about the expo and its ties to South Carolina.
- For those that aren’t familiar with Sunbelt, it is an agricultural-based trade show held in Moultrie, GA, housing over 1,200 vendors each year.
- We’ve sent some folks down to represent the department and inform visitors of what all is going on with SC ag and SCDA. You can find us in the Clemson University building.
- I am headed down for the day to help recognize SC Farmer of the Year, Bob Hall, from Bush n’ Vine.
- Bob is a friend of mine and his contributions to agriculture in the state has spanned decades.
- Bush n Vine is a fruit and veg farm in York county, growing strawberries, sweet corn, broccoli, peas, and much more. While the acreage and production have expanded over the years, the farm remains a family operation.
- Bob, his wife Susan, and his five children have all contributed to the success of the farm over the years
- I’m excited to see what all Sunbelt has to offer this year and look forward to celebrating Bob Hall. Hopefully we can see him come home as the overall Sunbelt Farmer of the Year.