SC Commissioner Weathers: SEWE Week
The Southeastern Wildlife Expo is being held February 16-19 in Charleston this week. SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers has some details.
- The Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) is an annual celebration of the great outdoors through fine art exhibits, live entertainment, and special events.
- Broad audience of nature lovers, hunters, collectors, artists, and others.
- The SEWE audience is a great place for us to push out our Certified SC message.
- You can find the South Carolina Department of Agriculture at the Certified South Carolina tent in Marion Square. Look for the big red barn!
- The tent features Certified SC specialty food vendors.
- Also features our Fresh on the Menu cooking stage, where some of South Carolina’s most talented chefs’ team up with their favorite farmers to host cooking demonstrations and tastings that showcase why SC is one of the best states for food-lovers.
- Curated by the Lee Bros, Matt and Ted.
- I’ll be on stage Friday with Culinary Institute of Charleston Pastry Chef Kelly Wilson and farmer A.J. Freeman of Freeman Farm on Johns Island.
- So many exciting chefs, including our three Chef Ambassadors and James Beard Award semifinalist Dano Heinze of Dano’s in Charleston.
- Great farmers, too: Crescent Farm, Jed Watson of Watsonia Farms, Marvin Ross of Peculiar Pig Farm
- Other events throughout the weekend include birds of prey flight demonstrations, retriever demos, sheep and duck herding demos, live animal shows, and several fine art and decoy exhibits and auctions.
- It is free to visit the tent in Marion Square.
- For more information, please visit sewe.com.