SC Commissioner Weathers: NASDA Meetings Recap
Last week, state ag commissioners met to discuss the most pertinent issues facing the agriculture community. Here to tell us more about the annual NASDA Conference is SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- NASDA meetings are always a great opportunity to interact with representatives from the different departments of agriculture across the country. We learn a lot from each other by communicating and sharing what’s happening in our respective states.
- After many cancellations in the past two years, it was great to see other state ag representatives and friends in-person in Louisville, KY.
- Part of NASDA’s mission is to represent the state departments of agriculture in the development and implementation of public policy and programs which support the agricultural industry.
- We met with our regional groups, SASDA and SUSTA on Monday to discuss regional issues and accomplishments.
- In addition to these discussions, a wide variety of committee sessions and workshops were offered, including topics such as rural development and financial security, international trade, hemp and broadband.
- Overall, the conference was a success and gave myself and other SCDA representatives valuable information to think about and implement.