SC Commissioner Weathers: Meeting Season
Remember how Coach Steve Spurrier used to call the months leading up to kickoff “Talking Season”? January and February are what I call “Meeting Season.”
Before farmers put seeds in the ground for the year, they head over to meetings that concern the industry.
Here are a few important ones coming up. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn and network within your corner of the ag industry:
- Southeast Regional Fruit and Veg Conference, January 5-8 in Savannah, GA
- We are hosting Produce Safety Grower Trainings throughout the year, starting with one on January 11 in Columbia. Produce farmers who need to comply with the Produce Safety Rule should check it out.
- South Carolina Watermelon Association Annual Convention, January 13-15, Hilton Head
- SC Agritourism Conference January 22-24 – Darlington, Florence, Horry and Sumter counties
- Annual SC Cotton Meeting, February 7, Bishopville, SC
- Annual SC Peanut Meeting, January 26, Santee, SC
- SC Green Conference and Trade Show, January 26-27, Columbia, SC
- SC Pork Board, February 2
Have a Happy New Year!