SC Commissioner Weathers: Ag Council Fall Tour
The South Carolina Agricultural Council held its Fall Ag Tour on last Thursday. Commissioner Hugh Weathers is here to give us more information.
- The Ag Council usually holds two tours a year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. This year, the group went to The South Carolina Governor’s School for Agriculture at John de la Howe and Hickory Hill Diary.
- The group was able to see the new facilities at John de la Howe and learn more about its hands-on ag training courses. At Hickory Hill, the group saw the dairy’s robotic milking facility.
- We look forward to our next tour in the Spring.
- The past two years we have seen a huge increase in agritourism. Folks have been looking for opportunities to get outside, learn new things and to create new experiences.
- The fall is an especially busy time for agritourism farms. From pumpkin patches, to hayrides, to trick-or-treat events and harvest festivals, agritourism farms across the state have something to offer to all ages.
- You can find more information on our events page at agriculture.sc.gov, or scagritourism.org. Be sure to be on the lookout for the 2022 agritourism passport as we head into the new year.