NC Commissioner Troxler: “Worth the Wait” State Fair a Success
RALEIGH – The 2021 N.C. State Fair wrapped up a successful return with:
- over 819,000 fairgoers in attendance,
- nearly 314,000 pounds of canned goods donated during Smithfield Foods Hunger Relief Day and
- more than million smiles recorded.
Other highlights included
- hosting the first accessAbility Day for people with different abilities,
- the dedication of the James Robert “Bob” Stanfield Natural Resources Center,
- and receiving bids totaling $183,000 in the Junior Livestock Sale of Champions.
“The 2021 State Fair was absolutely wonderful and exceeded expectations. It took a lot of hard work by a lot of people to put this on, but it was absolutely worth it,” said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. “Seeing people enjoying themselves and experiencing a bit of normalcy was a great feeling.”