NC Commissioner Troxler: N.C. Forest Service November Military Discount
Each year in November when we honor military service, the N.C. Forest Service offers a special discount to active and retired military members on tree seedling orders through the N.C. Forest Service Nursery and Tree Improvement Program. The discount applies to the first $500 of all new orders, up to a $125 discount.
- Veterans Day is coming up on Nov. 11, and as we recognize the service of military members across the state and around the world, the N.C. Forest Service plans to offer a special 25 % off discount to military members for tree orders from the N.C. Forest Service Nursery and Tree Improvement Program.
- The Nursery and Tree Improvement program ensures that North Carolinians have access to the best native trees and genetics available for use on their land.
- This program also helps ensure the sustainability of forestland in the state, which provides significant environmental benefits.
- It is interesting to note that the N.C. Forest Service has been producing native seedlings since 1924.
- The program serves as a reliable and stable provider of tree seedlings, which can be a volatile market at times.
- The current available inventory includes loblolly pine, shortleaf pine, white pin, Fraser and Turkish firs plus a few varieties of spruces and hardwoods.
- Anyone can purchase seedlings, but the discount is only available to military members.
- The military discount is available to current, honorably discharged or retired military members. Proof of service is required, which can be a valid military ID, Department of Defense Form 214/215 or National Guard Bureau Form 22/22A.
- Tree seedlings can be ordered by calling 1-888-NCTREES or by visiting www.buynctrees.com.
- This discount is just a small token of appreciation for our military men and women. I am grateful for their willingness to serve and protect our freedoms.
- On this Veteran’s Day and every day, please thank the members of our military for their service to the country.