Attention Herbicide Applicators: For New Formulations of 2,4-D and Dicamba
NCDA&CS will submit 24(c) labeling for all products containing 2,4-D or dicamba intended to be used in conjunction with 2,4-D or dicamba tolerant crops (cotton & soybeans). The 24(c) label will require specific mandatory training and wind speed restrictions not to exceed 10 mph.
This mandatory training titled Auxin Herbicides – Best Management Practices presented by Dr. Alan York, Dr. David Jordan, or Dr. Wes Everman is intended to assist applicators in reducing incidents of herbicide drift to susceptible crops. At least one applicator on each farm will need to complete the training prior to use of these new products.
Applicators and dealers will receive 2 hours of pesticide recertification credit in categories N, O, D, and X upon completion.
Contact your local Extension Office or NCDA&CS, Pesticides Section (919)733-3556 or www.ncagr.gov/SPCAP/pesticides for proposed meeting dates & locations of the training in your area.
Training Dates and Locations (Click here to view as pdf)
- January 30 Monday 1 PM Elizabeth City Pasquotank County Center, 1209 McPherson St.
- January 30 Monday 4 PM Hertford Perquimans Recreational Center, 310 South Granby St.
- January 31 Tuesday 10 AM Winton Hertford County Center, 301 W. Tryon St.
- February 1 Wednesday 8 AM Windsor Windsor Community Building, 201 S. Queen St.
- February 1 Wednesday 3 PM Williamston Martin County Farmers Market, 4001 W. Main Street Ext.
- February 2 Thursday 2 PM Carthage Moore County Center, 707 Pinehurst Ave., Agricultural Center
- February 3 Friday 10 AM Jackson Northampton County Center, 9495 Highway 305
- February 3 Friday 3 PM Halifax Halifax County Center, 359 Ferrell Lane
- February 6 Monday 8 AM Belhaven Ponzer Community Building, 39911 E. US Highway 264
- February 7 Tuesday 10 AM Elizabethtown Bladen County Center, 450 Smith Circle
- February 7 Tuesday 3 PM Red Springs Hoke Robeson Gin, 7480 Old Maxton Road
- February 8 Wednesday 1:30 PM Albemarle Stanly County Center, 26032 E. Newt Road
- February 9 Thursday 3 PM Greenville Pitt County Center, 403 Government Circle, Suite 2
- February 10 Friday 1 PM Trenton Jones County Cotton Gin, 554 Nobles Loop Rd.
- February 14 Tuesday 10 AM Yanceyville Caswell County Civic Center, 536 Main Street East
- February 15 Wednesday 9 AM Goldsboro Wayne County Center, 208 W. Chestnut St.
- February 20 Monday 1 PM Clinton Sampson County Agri Exposition Center, 414 Warsaw Road
- February 27 Monday 1 PM Rocky Mount East Carolina Agricultural & Education Center, 1175 Kingsboro Road
- February 28 Tuesday 9 AM Winston-Salem Forsyth County Center, 1450 Fairchild Road
- February 28 Tuesday 2 PM Newton Catawba County Center, 1175 S. Brady Ave.
- March 1 Wednesday 9 AM Monroe Union County Center, 3230-D Presson Road
- March 1 Wednesday 2 PM Lexington Davidson County Center, 301 E. Center St.
- March 2 Thursday 2 PM Reidsville Rockingham County Center, 525 NC 65, Suite 200
- March 3 Friday 9 AM Louisburg Franklin County Extension Center, 103 S. Bickett Ave
- March 7 Tuesday 10 AM Jacksonville Onslow County Center, 4024 Richlands Hwy.
- March 8 Wednesday 9 AM Smithfield Johnston County Center, 2736 NC Highway 210
- March 8 Wednesday 2 PM Sanford Lee County Center, 2420 Tramway Road
- March 9 Thursday 9 AM Greensboro Guilford County Center, 3309 Burlington Road
- March 9 Thursday 1 PM Wilkesboro Wilkes County Center, 416 Executive Drive
- March 14 Tuesday 9 AM Wilson Wilson County Center, 1806 SW Goldsboro Street
- March 14 Tuesday 2 PM New Bern Craven County Center, 300 Industrial Drive
- March 20 Monday 1 PM Andrews Community Building, 160 Park Street
- March 23 Thursday 10 AM Lillington Harnett County Center, 126 Alexander Drive