Mary: I’m Mary Walden with economist MW welcoming you to the economic perspective. Today’s program looks at tech leaders. Mike, the technology sector is projected to be both fast-growing and high-paying in upcoming decades. Hence, it’s a sector that most areas want to attract. What areas of the country are expected to be leaders in attracting tech jobs in upcoming years? And, are any of these in North Carolina?
Mike: Summary Answer
- Very good news here for NC
- Top two tech growing areas in next five years are expected to be in Texas – Austin and Dallas
- But, number three is Raleigh, and number five is Charlotte, with San Jose in-between
- And number 13 is Durham
- In fact, only California, Colorado, and NC have three cities on the top 20 list
- So, NC continues to be a tech leader
- I’m MW
Mary: And I’m Mary Walden for the Economic Perspective, an NC State Extension program from the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.