I’m Mary Walden with economist MW welcoming you to the economic perspective. Today’s program looks at North Carolina’s business ranking. Mike, a new ranking of the states for their attractiveness to businesses was just released by CNBC. What factors are included in this ranking, and how did North Carolina do?
- Ranking is based on more 60 factors, including measure for the workforce, education, cost of living, infrastructure, and quality of life
- NC came in 3rd, behind Virginia and Texas
- NC scored high on public fiscal health, credit rating, access to capital, workforce productivity, and in-migration of college educated workers
- State was lowest on crime rate, health care coverage,
- So, positive report, but work to do
- I’m MW
And I’m Mary Walden for the Economic Perspective, an NC State Extension program from the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics