Center pivot irrigation is popular, but these systems often require adjustment to be efficient. Commissioner is here to tell us about a pilot project in South Carolina to help farmers improve their center pivots and save water and energy.
- The Aiken Soil and Water Conservation District, in partnership with SCDA, DNR, NRCS and others, is conducting a pilot program throughout the state to determine how beneficial a Mobile Irrigation and Energy Lab would be in SC.
- Abundant surface and groundwater are essential to the success of South Carolina’s $42 billion agriculture and natural resources economy.
- This project is a great opportunity for farmers interested in conserving more water, reducing energy costs and saving money
- This 3-year study will be of no cost to the producer and participants will receive a pre and post audit on one pivot as well as installation of state-of-the-art materials to upgrade one pivot system per farming operation
- For more information please contact Sonya Terry at 803- 649- 4221 ext.3 or by emailing MILpilot.email@example.com