The Southeastern Wildlife Expo will be held in Charleston, SC February 14-16. Here to tell us more is SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- We are all looking forward to another great SEWE this year.
- SEWE is a three-day celebration of wildlife and nature through art, education, demonstrations, food and drink.
- You can find SCDA represented at the SC Certified tent in Marion Square. Culinary experts Matt and Ted Lee will be there to MC live cooking events at our on-stage kitchen.
- We will welcome dozens of chefs, caterers, cooks, and farmers to the tent. Even my wife Blanche will be there to participate in a live cooking demo.
- I will be on stage Friday with Chef Jamie Hough from Redfish Mafia Charters, Chef Brandon Carter of Farm, a 2019 Chef Ambassador, with Harleston Towles from Rooting Down Farms will be in attendance and many, many more
- This is a great opportunity to showcase and support locally grown food and to celebrate local farmers and chefs.
- This year there will even be a kiddy corner all three days for children to meet goats and a calf, as well as learn more about agriculture.
- SEWE is a weekend full of great events that highlight the abundance and beauty of South Carolina. From cast net and retriever demos, to ecology and conservation seminars to chef demos, the weekend is sure to be one for the books.
- Be sure to come visit with us in Marion Square. For more information, please visit www.sewe.com