Although it will look a little bit different this year, the South Carolina Department of Agriculture is gearing up for the annual Grower-Buyer Mash Up. Here to tell us more is SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- This year’s Grower Buyer Mash Up will be held outdoors at the State Farmers Market in West Columbia to allow for social distancing.
- This year, the agency is teaming up with the Midlands Local Food Collaborative to host farmers and producers, chefs, farm to institution & farm to school personnel,distributors, retailers, buyers, food writers, and local food leaders
- The Grower Buyer Mash Up offers a chance for growers to meet potential buyers for their It’s also an opportunity for chefs,distributors, retail and wholesale-level food buyers who want to include local food in their menus or product offerings to meet local producers to supply that demand
- The event will be held March 22 from 12-5pm and consist of panel discussions and trade show exhibits. You must register by March 1, 2021.
- To learn more and to register for the event, please visit grower-buyer-mash-up.eventbrite.com