Here to tell us more about upcoming ag events in December is SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- It is hard to believe that we are entering the last month of 2020. For some it may feel like the fastest year of their lives, and for others the slowest. One thing I know for sure is that it has been a year unlike any other.
- As we enter December and begin reflecting on the year as whole, it is important that we do not lose our sense of holiday cheer and that we continue to support agritourism and farmers as harvest season comes to a close for many across the state.
- The Greenville State Farmers Market is helping to spread this sentiment every weekend in December with Christmas Saturdays at the Market:
- December 5, 12 and 19 you can visit the Greenville Market to find trees, wreaths, greenery and specialty gift items alongside regular seasonal products like pecans, fruits and holiday vegetables.
- For more information, you can visit our website’s calendar of events at agriculture.sc.gov.
- Throughout 2020, we have seen an increase in agritourism as a way to support local agribusinesses while participating in fun and safe family-friendly activities.
- There will still be plenty going on during the month of December leading up to Christmas and the New Year. Whether it’s finding the perfect tree, or the perfect gift, SC Agritourism farms have plenty to offer as we begin the holiday season.
- If you are interested in finding agritourism locations in the state or becoming a member, visit scfarmfun.org or visit the South Carolina Agritourism at https://scagritourism.org/