All of us in the agriculture community were concerned to hear that Commissioner Hugh Weathers had contracted COVID-19. He’s in the clear now and is here to talk about his personal experience with the virus.
- As many of you know, I tested positive for COVID-19 on July 9th after experiencing minor symptoms.
- I then spent two weeks in isolation at home in Bowman with my wife Blanche, who also received a positive test.
- Let me tell you, not being able to see co-workers, friends and family, especially my granddaughters, was very difficult.
- But Blanche and I were lucky to only have minor symptoms. The most lingering for me being the lose of my sense of smell, which thankfully has now returned.
- I have now received a negative COVID test and a positive antibodies test.
- It feels great to be clear of this. It has been an eye-opening experience, but Blanche and I both are extremely grateful to have had mild cases. We can see on the news and the statistics tell us that is certainly not the case for many people.
- I want to thank all of you who reached out to wish us a speedy recovery. It meant a lot to get those well-wishes and to know you were praying for us.
- One final reminder: Stay safe, wear you mask.