Here to tell us more about the South Carolina Commissioner’s School for Agriculture is SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- The South Carolina Commissioner’s School for Agriculture application is live now. The program will be held either virtually or in-person July 24-30th.
- SCCSA is a summer program held at Clemson university for rising 11th and 12th grade students interested in agriculture. The program strives to provide a challenging and enriching college-based experience through daily curriculum, farm visits, leadership activities, and more.
- Students will be able to choose from emphasis areas including: Livestock Production, Forestry and Natural Resources, and Plant Science
- Last year, we had to make the unfortunate decision to cancel the program due to COVID-19. This year, we are looking forward to either hosting students on Clemson’s campus, or virtually. More to come on this.
- To find out more about the program and to apply, please visit Clemson.edu/cafls/sccsa
- Please note that applications are due by April 16th, 2021.