The deadline for CFAP 2.0 is fast approaching. Here to tell us more is SC Ag Commissioner, Hugh Weathers.
- The deadline for CFAP applications is December 11, 2020.
- So far, over $41 million has been paid out to South Carolina farmers.
- While the basics of the program are similar to the first-round of funding, there have been additions that will help our producers, including the inclusion of new commodities previously not eligible for assistance.
- To find out if a commodity is eligible, please visit https://www.farmers.gov/cfap. Be sure to use the commodity finder to find payment rates for commodities.
- The total CFAP 2 payment that a person may receive is $250,000 and is separate from CFAP 1 limitations.
- Even if you applied for round one funding and/or received round one funding, you are still able to apply to CFAP 2.
- Applications may be submitted via mail, fax, hand delivery or electronically.
- To find your state and county FSA offices, please visit https://www.fsa.usda.gov/ or call 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee for application assistance.
- To find more information on eligibility, required forms, commodities not eligible for CFAP 2, and more, please visit https://www.farmers.gov/cfap/faq