The South Carolina Department of Agriculture is kicking off the new year at the 2020 SC Agribiz and Farm Expo. Here to tell us more is SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- The 2020 SC Agribiz and Farm Expo will be held at the Florence Center in Florence, SC on January 15th and 16th. Admission in free. Trade show hours are from 10am-6pm on the 15th and 9am-3pm on the 16th
- The expo serves as an umbrella event for all aspects of Agriculture and Agribusiness in South Carolina through educational seminars, special events and trade show exhibitors.
- Agribiz will include a farm show with a wide variety of equipment, farm products and educational components, as well as learning and networking opportunities with special guest speakers, economic developers, producers, and showcase youth-development, commodity spotlights and much more!
- In addition to the trade show are the “Taste of South Carolina,” which shines a spotlight on SC farmers and farm fresh ingredients and “Commissioner’s Breakfast,” that offers a presentation on the State of South Carolina Agriculture and plans for the future.
- This year’s keynote speaker is Dr. Ron Prestage, owner and president of Prestage Farms, who will speak on challenges and opportunities in agribusiness
- The event also includes educational talks on financial challenges, marketing, industrial hemp, forestry, food safety, women in ag, and many more.
- We hope to see you in Florence on the 15th and 16th!