SC Commissioner Hugh Weathers: ACRE Advanced Entrepreneur Applications Go Live Next Week
The Spring 2021 ACRE Advanced Entrepreneur Program applications will go live next week. Here to tell us more is SC Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- Applications for ACRE’s Advanced Entrepreneur Program will go live Tuesday, March 2nd and are due Monday May 3rd.
- To apply, you must have an existing agriculture business with sales, or a product or prototype, and your business must be located in South Carolina. In addition, you must turn in a business plan with your application.
- After receiving feedback from our first three years, we have put together an extensive business plan guide to help applicants know exactly what we are looking for in a business plan.
- When all the applications and business plans have been received, they will be reviewed and scored to select the finalists that will get an opportunity to pitch to a panel of judges for the opportunity to be awarded up to $25,000 to help grow their business.
- In addition to the funds, the awardees will have access to our grant consultants and continued business planning assistance.
- The past three years we have awarded approximately $400,000 to 19 innovative entrepreneurs.
- If you’re interested in applying, please contact Executive Director, Kyle Player at email@example.com to receive an application.