No World Pork Expo for Second Straight Year

The National Pork Producers Council has canceled the World Pork Expo for the second consecutive year. Canceled last year to avoid the spread of African swine fever, this year’s event is one of many interrupted by the global COVID-19 pandemic.

NPPC President Howard “A.V.” Roth said, while disappointing, canceling the event allows “producers and others across the industry to focus on the essential role we play in the nation’s food supply system at this critical time.”

Roth said NPPC will “do our part to support the nation’s transition back to normalcy and look forward to making next year’s World Pork Expo better than ever.”

World Pork Expo is the world’s largest pork-specific trade show, where more than 20,000 industry professionals gather for three days to showcase innovations, introduce new products and participate in training and educational programs. World Pork Expo 2021 is scheduled for June 9-11 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.