The economy is improving and the job market is expanding. But all working individuals aren’t seeing their lives improve. What are some of the things we can do to expand prosperity to more workers?
- Several ideas have been proposed which I will outline here
- To help workers who must live in lower cost rural areas but commute to jobs in cities, create a new fleet of buses to help their commute
- Convert some of unemployment compensation to education vouchers
- Consider funding mobility vouchers so workers in struggling regions might relocate to more prosperous areas with more jobs
- Review licensing requirements for technical/vocational jobs to make sure they don’t deter employment
- Finally, boost training in technical and vocational training in high schools as well as collaboration with employers