This year the State Farmers Market, located at 3483 Charleston Highway in West Columbia, is a designated drop-off site to recycle Christmas trees for
the Grinding of the Greens program.
Christmas trees can have a second life through the Keep the Midlands Beautiful program to recycle the trees. Dec. 26 through January 9 the Farmers Market will accept old Christmas trees in front of the South Shed. You can drop your trees off any time during those dates. The site will be clearly marked for convenience.
Before dropping off your Christmas tree:
• Remove all lights, tinsel, ornaments, and tree stand
• Drop off trees only – no wreaths, garland, or other greenery
• Remove tree from bag and remove any string, wire, or ties
The Grinding of the Greens is a way to recycle the trees by grinding them down to mulch. The mulch is free and will be available to the public at the following two locations on Saturday, January 12, 2013 from 9 a.m. until the mulch runs out:
• STATE FARMERS MARKET – 3483 Charleston Highway, West Columbia, SC 29172.
• SEVEN OAKS PARK – 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia, SC 29210 (near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads).