People hear that companies are hiring and that the job market is hot, but those seeking jobs want to know specifics. So in what parts of the economy is hiring the best?
- First, data show there is hiring in all major economic sectors – a sign of strength
- Let’s look at top 5 sectors
- Biggest relative hiring (hiring compared to positions open) – transportation
- Next – information (tech)
- Then retail trade, followed by hospitality
- Rounded out with hiring in professional occupations
- Big implication – if you don’t have a college degree, there are still job openings for you
The Economic Perspective is an NC State Extension program from the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.