In our rapidly changing economy, where technology is continuing to alter the workplace, there is a heightened focus on the role of education. But will this role be different in the future?
- I think the role will evolve in two ways
- one will be an increased focus on K-12 – all starts here
- recognition that classroom, home, and neighborhood environments all have impacts
- big changes in higher education
- more focused, short-term studies – more certifications in certain skills, and more direct links to businesses
- also, higher education will be more frequent – as individuals change skill set several times during their work career
- last, how higher education is delivered will change – more remote teaching, computer program teaching, mobile teaching