2019 will be the 30th year of Swisher International and the Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition to honor the Southeastern Farmer of the Year. Here to tell us more about the representative chosen for South Carolina is Ag Commissioner, Hugh Weathers.
- I am proud to announce that this year’s South Carolina Farmer of the Year is Sidi Limehouse
- Each state winner receives $2500 and an all-expense paid trip to the Expo along with various other prizes
- The overall Southeastern winner receives $15,000 and various other prizes from the sponsors
- Sidi Limehouse studied Agricultural Engineering at Clemson University and graduated in 1960. He started his career growing corn and soybeans on the family farm but eventually transitioned from row crops to truck farming.
- He currently operates Rosebank Farms and produces over fifty crops including fruits, vegetables, flowers, and herbs.
- Most of the crops are sold to GrowFood Carolina, a local food distributor specializing in selling directly to Charleston restaurants and local grocery stores and suppliers
- SCDA is proud to support this SC Certified farmer and his efforts to support local food distributors
- South Carolina has had two farmers win the overall grand prize in the last 5 years, James Cooley and Kevin Yon, and we hope that Sidi will be a third!
- We hope that you will be able to join SCDA at the Sunbelt Ag Expo in October to celebrate Mr. Limehouse