Applications are now live for the South Carolina’s Palmetto Leadership Program for the Environment, Agriculture and Forestry (LEAF). Commissioner Weathers, can you tell us a little more about this program?
- Clemson University’s College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences (CAFLS) and the Public Service and Agriculture (PSA) Division are pleased to announce the Palmetto Leadership Program for the Environment, Agriculture and Forestry (P-LEAF).
- This is a two-year intensive tuition-based instructional, experiential learning and networking program designed to push agribusiness, forestry, natural resources and environmental professionals toward their career goals and create a leadership pipeline for the state and related P-LEAF industries
- Upon completion of the Palmetto LEAF program, graduates will have a comprehensive set of tools, experiences and contacts within their industries
- P-LEAF applicants should be SC residents that are mid-career agricultural professionals engaged in SC ag, forestry, natural resources or environmental stewardship
- Applicants must be at least 28 years old by January 15, 2020
- Applications for Inaugural Class I (January 2020-December 2022) must be completed and submitted or postmarked no later than Nov. 4, 2019.
- For more information or questions contact P-LEAF Director Kirby Player, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For online application and to learn more about Palmetto LEAF and applicant eligibility, visit https://www.clemson.edu/cafls/palmetto-leaf/.