This Friday, the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, alongside SC Specialty Crop Growers Association and South Carolina Farm to School, will host the first annual Grower-Buyer Meet Up. Commissioner Weathers, can you tell us more about this event?
- The Grower- Buyer Meet Up will take place from 10am to 1pm on April 19th at the Phillips Market Center on the South Carolina Farmer’s Market campus in West Columbia.
- This is a wonderful opportunity for farmers to highlight SC grown products before the Spring and Summer seasons are in full swing.
- It is geared towards South Carolina fruit and vegetable growers as well as specialty producers interested in selling their products to retailers and food service entities.
- The event will be a great opportunity for farmers and producers looking for new markets to sell their products to and for buyers in retail, food service or wholesale that are seeking new clients for local food lines.
- Growers and producers will have the ability to set up booth space on provided tables and meet with buyers throughout the event.
- There will be representatives from schools, food service, wholesalers like Senn Brothers and retailers like Food Lion.
- Growers are encouraged to bring product lists, pictures of their operations and any additional info they would like to share with buyers.
- The event is free, and a great lunch of local SC food will be provided!
- Many buyers are already signed up! To register, please click here!