The South Carolina Fall Ag and Art Tour kicked off this past weekend in Oconee County. Here to tell us more about how to enjoy fall in Upstate South Carolina is Ag Commissioner Hugh Weathers.
- Now that the harvest season is winding down, farmers across the state are using the cooler weather to their advantage by hosting agritourism events that provide fun for the whole family.
- The South Carolina Ag + Art Tour is a free, self-guided tour of local farms and farmers markets featuring local artisans at every stop.
- There will be activities for the entire family: take a hay ride and see farm animals, pick up some local produce and food, and watch our local artisans in action and purchase their work
- On November 9th and 10th, we invite you to explore Anderson County agriculture at the Bart Garrison Agricultural Museum, Split Creek Farm, and Boxwood Manor
- Split Creek Farm has award-winning goat cheese and Boxwood Manor and Timms Mill are both historic properties that will feature a variety of artisans
- These tours are a great way to see SC agriculture in action, showcasing agriculture’s impact from farming to agritourism, to artisanal works
- To learn more about this great opportunity for fun, visit the SCDA website (agriculture.sc.gov) or at SC Ag+Art tour website (agandarttour.com)