The South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA) is partnering with Clemson University Edisto Research and Education Center (REC) to accept unwanted or unused pesticides on October 8 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. This free collection event will be held in conjunction with the Cotton and Soybean Field Day at the Edisto REC.
The pesticide and chemical collection program is open to all private, commercial and non-commercial pesticide applicators in the state, as well as homeowners. SCDA staff will be on site to monitor pesticide collection and disposal, and will have final authority on acceptance of products.
- Chemical and pesticide quantities accepted will be limited to 2500 pounds of solid and 300 gallons of liquid at no charge.
- Pesticide products accepted include herbicides, insecticides, nematicides, fungicides and similar products used in agricultural production or around the home.
- Rinsate will not be accepted.
- Fertilizer will not be accepted unless it is combined or co-packed with a pesticide such as weed and feed.
- No compressed gas cylinders (metal cylinder with a valve) or empty pesticide containers will be collected.
Edisto REC is located at 64 Research Road, Blackville, SC 29817. Pesticides may be dropped off without attending the field day activities. For more information regarding pesticide collection, contact SCDA Consumer Services Director John Stokes at 803-737-9696 or email@example.com.