Southern Farm Network is growing and looking to add field representatives throughout the Carolinas.
1) Represent SFN in a defined geographic zone, usually a 3 to 5 county region (see map and list of zones below)
2) Be the eyes/ears/voice of SFN in your zone, representing SFN at local industry field days, meetings and farm shows. Provide story ideas to SFN Ag News Director.
3) Manage content on your area’s dedicated online page on SFNToday.com, including:
- writing blogs on crop progress, weather, events and other key information of interest to farmers
- maintaining a local calendar of events and meetings
- posting photos and captions
4) Build awareness and generate traffic to your page with local ag audiences in your area
5) Sell advertising on your online page to local businesses
1) Live within the geographic zone
2) Have a strong relationship with local ag and community leaders—-extension service, Farm Bureau, FFA chapters and ag businesses
3) Mobile smart phone/reliable transportation/high-speed internet service
12 zones in North Carolina — 7 zones in South Carolina
(note: not all counties in each state are part of the ‘In Your Backyard’ program at this time)
Please submit a cover letter, copy of resume and indicate what zone you are interested in representing to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org